You'll never forget a dividend payment with REIT Funding.
REIT Funding manages and maintains the accommodation shareholder records necessary to properly administer the reporting and compliance needs of the REIT with respect to the preferred shareholders. With our detailed, proprietary process we ensure that all IRS requirements related to the 100 shareholder rule are met initially and annually over the life of the REIT.
Our comprehensive proprietary software systems ensure that reporting and compliance is properly administered so that your REIT status is always maintained.
Through REIT Administration, LLC, we handle all the tax, compliance and administrative duties related to the shareholders including:
- Obtaining W-9s from all shareholders
- Prepare Share Certificates or Notices of Uncertificated Shares
- IRS reporting related to preparation and filing of 1099s
- Reporting of any correction which would include changes in category such as ordinary income, return of capital or capital gain
- Sending of B-Notices, if necessary
- Backup withholding and deposits on Form 8109-B
- Filing of Form 945
- Any state filings, should they be required
- Ensuring dividends are paid by notifying the REIT in advance and following up as needed
- Issuance and mailing of individual dividend checks
- Tracking ownership changes as transfer agent
- Documenting compliance with 100 shareholder test
- Providing shareholders with summary tax information in a form suitable for inclusion in their income tax returns
- Sending shareholder demand letters as dictated by Treas. Reg. 1.857-8(d)(3) and (e) if required
- Retaining annual shareholder records required under Treas. Reg. Sec. 1.857-8(a) for the preferred shareholders
- Responding in a timely manner to shareholder inquiries regarding tax and administrative matters so you don't have to